WordPress has many themes and plugins that allow the user to change and customise their website including page builders. The following list shows the most downloaded and used plugin/s for front/end website building that allows customisation of a website.
Elementor is free to use a plugin but to have access to more features and availability to customise the elements then the pro version will be required. The plugin allows many useful features like drag and drops option, which will enable you to customise your website quickly. The reviews say it is one of the quickest plugins for page builders with WordPress. Some pros of using the Elementor are:
- Theme builder- this feature allows you to build an entire theme for your website including header, footer, archive pages etc.
- Popup Builder – this will allow you to design a popup for your website. This can include things like email opt-in, contact forms and more.
- Maintenance, coming soon and landing pages feature available
- Over 26 widgets to choose from
- The translation feature for the website
- Integration with WooCommerce, MailChimp and other plugins
WP Bakery was one of the first plugins that were released for page building. Bundled with most of the themes from ThemeForest. It has many ready-to-use templates to use. WP Bakery does not offer a free option which can be a disadvantage of the plugin. It is effortless to use the plugin with many customisation options for each of the elements and does not need to add any extensions as everything is in one plugin. Here are some reasons why WP Bakery could be right for you:
- Multiple customisation options
- Social media elements
- Good element list without the need for extensions
- Simple easy to use interface
- Adaptable and responsive to any screen size
Again, this plugin comes as a free version that has a minimum set of elements for you to get started, with the option to upgrade to a premium one for more flexibility and features. Beaver Builder also has the option of drag and stop; it is lightweight. There are addons available with the plugin that help in building some advanced websites. The mobile-friendly and WooCommerce integrated plugins include some features that you might consider useful like:
- Integration with WooCommerce/ White-labelling option
- One-of-a-kind features, for example, saving the projects as drafts
- Dozens of drag and drop modules/widgets
- Layouts can be saved and reused as a template somewhere on your website.
- Gutenberg compatibility
Divi is another excellent and powerful plugin that has gained many followers since it came out. This plugin comes from the developers at Elegant Themes. Divi Builder offers an endless number of layout possibilities by using templates or different themes. There are over 46 content modules included within this builder. Some of the unique features of Divi Builder include:
- Duplicate, disable and lock items
- Collapse feature that allows consolidating your view and that clears out the area for a tidier design experience
- Role Editor – will enable you to restrict certain builder functionality depending on roles
- Unlimited redos and undos – this will allow you to go back as far as you want in your design
The Page Builder by SiteOrigin includes the free version of the plugin with the premium version for only $29. It is easy to use regarding the level of experience of a person. The plugin uses a gird-based technology and has integration with SiteOrgin and other third-party widgets, including things like Google Maps or post carousels. The live frontend editing of the PageBuilder by SiteOrigin includes features like:
- Smooth work with an extensive collection of widgets available for free
- Sleek, simple toolbar for all levels of experience to understand
- Autoptimize – it can automatically reduce page size and improve your load time
- Has more control over CSS than other builders with easy access to mobile-only CSS
There are more options when it comes to the WordPress Page building plugins. We listed those which are most commonly used and are known to work well, some of which we have experienced ourselves. Let us know what plugin you use and what do you think about it?